Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring potato salad recipe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring potato salad recipe!

In honor of the first nice spring weekend here in NE PA!

3lbs redskin potatoes, quartered and boiled until soft (You can use fingerlings, Yukons, baby, anything but baking potatoes)
    4 stalks celery, thinly chopped
    2 bunches of scallions, cleaned and chopped except for the dark green ends (about halfway up)
    a handful of parsley, chopped
    2 hard boiled eggs, chopped. I made 3, but one fell off the table and the dog got it. 2 is fine. But 3 would also work.
    salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 T of each, sea salt and cracked black peppercorns)
    about 2/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
    about 2/3 cup olive oil

optional: a couple slices of cooked bacon, crumbled

If you've made potato salad before you know what to do. I cut most of the potatoes but also mash a few, for texture. Refrigerate for about an hour for the flavors to meld, then serve slightly warm. Awesome the next day.

Looks great, @mosca.

I'm going to give it a shot!

Comment

It really is spectacular, richinlbrg. I got the basic recipe from my sister, who got it from someone, etc. I made it a dozen times and finally settled on the ingredients and proportions.

Comment

This looks great thanks for sharing (as I print out the recipe)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here