Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teriyaki Roasted White Sweet Potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teriyaki Roasted White Sweet Potatoes

Our new CSA season has started, so this week we had a few white sweet potatoes. Apparently they can be treated more like regular potatoes, so I decided to cut them up and roast them to go with some pork chops I marinated in a commercial teriyaki marinade.

I diced the sweet potatoes, hit them with cooking spray and tossed in a bowl with salt and pepper. I roasted for about 20 to 25 minutes at 375, until they were mostly cooked through and beginning to brown. Then I pulled them from the oven and tossed them back into the bowl to coat with the last bits of unused marinade that was still in the bottle. After returning them to the parchment paper, it was clear they weren't really coated with the sauce. Instead, it pooled around them. I decided to top with a bit of grated parmesan to get a crunch and returned them to the oven for about 15 minutes.

They ended up fairly interesting-looking. They were tender inside and had a nice sweetness that went well with the hint of teriyaki. The crunch on top added to the fun. My wife and I both had seconds... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0043.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	756306

Sounds good. I find that whites have a sweetness only less so than the orange. I have grown them a couple of times as an experiment.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; October 14, 2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

We really like White Sweet Potatoes at our house. Good job Jim White .

Comment

Very interesting

Comment

Now why didn't I think of that??

Comment

I am not a fan of sweet potatoes, but I love teriyaki. May be we can meet in the middle?

Comment

Maybe while the potatoes are in the oven you can add a tad bit of sugar to the marinade, put it in a sauce pan to reduce and thicken it. Just a thought. It sounds great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here