Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mashed potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mashed potatoes

Here's my version of mashed potatoes.
    I use Yukon gold potatoes. Steam rather than boil those spuds. The less water logged the spuds are, the better mashed potatoes they produce.

Cut em up in small pieces and pull out your hitech steamer....

Should take about 30 minutes to get fork tender

After they're done, pass them through the same hitech steamer instead of mashing. One less item to wash.

Now season with salt (best seasoned with smoked salt) and white pepper, a bunch of melted butter and one egg yolk. Now pull out your whisk or whisk attachment for an immersion blender and lightly whisk Until the mess just comes together.

Taste for seasoning and enjoy

Bangers and Mash

Good eats!

Yum! good tips with the steaming, and mashing through the "steamer"

Comment

I have heard of all kinds of things in mashed potatoes, but never once egg, I will have to give that a try.

Comment

Those look great. "a bunch of melted butter" - love it! I am a butter fanatic, but due to weight control I have to limit my intake.

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't worry too much about Fat, I watch the carbs/sugar.
          I'll stop before David Parrish shows up
          Last edited by Ernest; March 25, 2015, 09:33 PM.

_John_ oh you'll love it. Can't taste it but it changes the texture to something so pillowy

Comment

Nice dish...Especially the caramelized onions.

Comment

Your tugging at my Scotch/Irish roots with those bangers and mash!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Proper!

Comment

You just can't beat those Yukon Golds. Once we tried them, we were hooked. We serve them all the time and everyone loves them even better than red skins, which I do.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here