Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favorite potato salad ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All potato salad should be made with potatos from a crawfish boil. Pick your favorite potato salad recipe, and boil the potatoes in crab boil if you don't have a crawfish boil coming up. It'll work in a pinch.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds tasty. I bet old bay would be good too

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      Our potato salad took on a whole new taste for the better when we switched to using those Little Potato from the Little Potato Company.
      It completely changes the whole taste. Kind of lightens the starchy taste.
      I was never a big potato salad fan but really like it after the switch.

For the past year we have been buying Duke's from Walmart here in Michigan. I didn't know about Dukes until I heard about it on this site. I was used to Hellmans which I still like, but Duke's is great. Maybe some of you up North and west can find it at the ol Walmart.

Comment

Never heard of duke’s either. But I make my own mayo most of the time. Raised on Hellman’s and miracle whip. Here’s my secret: i cut the red potatoes before boiling. The moment they’re in the strainer, they get quickly seasoned with celery salt. Pickle relish, celery (diced very small), hard boiled egg, scallion, mayo, yellow mustard (plochmans) Mix all together once the potatoes have thoroughly cooled. Garnish with a dash of paprika.

german potato salad makes me hurl. No offense to those who like this style 😎

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        I need a dislike button for you post. German Potato Salad is the best.

LOL

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        ssandy_561 I do make for a bad "Eastern European". I am polish and Lithuanian. Can’t stand sauerkraut and vinegar based potato salad. But I have a whole shelf in my fridge devoted to mustards and assorted pickles. Go figure 😂😂

Maybe I just haven’t had a good one yet!

Been a few years but I had a potato salad that instead of boiled taters used unpeeled red skin potato's quartered, drizzled in olive oil then roasted on the BBQ till you get a crust on the spuds.
      Garnished with thinly sliced red onion, chives and big chunks of bacon with either ranch dressing it was one of the most tasty potato salads I've ever tasted.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here