Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple and Sriracha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple and Sriracha

I just made this sweet potato dish for thanksgiving. I thought I would make it and then put it in a pan sprinkle some marshmallows on top. Oh man Oh man Oh man! This is so good just as it is. Marshmallows would ruin the flavors. If you want to try a new spin on a Thanksgiving traditional dish you will not be disappointed!
    Sweet maple syrup and spicy sriracha make a fantastic combination in this recipe for smoked mashed sweet potatoes. Grilled until tender, the smoked mashed sweet potatoes are combined with butter for richness, maple syrup for sweetness, and just enough Sriracha to bring a touch of heat. It's sweet potato bliss!

3 oh mans, now that is something. Enough to have somebody try it! 🕶

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe we should get rid of the 5-star rating system here and go with a 3 oh man scale instead.

Great tip on cutting and boiling the potatoes first then smoking. Sounds great!

Comment

But don't the terrorists get at least a tiny bit of satisfaction if we boil the sweet potatoes? I'm not taking any chances.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. - Top them with some bacon - the terrorists fail!

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Good call, EdF. Ha!

I am confused by this recipe. In the narrative it talks about boiling the sweet potatoes then smoking for 15 minutes. Below that the actual recipe says nothing about boiling and instead the sweet potatoes cook indirect for 1 hour. I am curious, which method did you use? Or am I missing something in my reading of the article/recipe.

Comment

• jecucolo
        jecucolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I cut them in half, wrapped them in foil and cooked on the smoker for an hour. Then I put some mesquite on the fire, took the foil off the soft SP and placed them on the grate for 15-30 minutes. Because it was so late I covered them and placed them in the frig. In the morning I just pealed the skin and did the mix. I had to warm them up in the MW to mix the butter but no big deal.

• RustyHaines
        RustyHaines commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here