Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Cheesy Potatoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make Cheesy Potatoes?

Living here in Ohio every pot luck or backyard BBQ we go to has two things.

Creamed Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes.

I am happy with my Creamed Chicken I make but my Cheesy Potatoes are not so good.

They seem so simple but I just cant get them to taste right.

I think most of the time people use either frozen hash browns or frozen potato shreds. Then there is cheese and onions and other stuff. Most of the time they are cooked in the oven and they top the casserole with corn flakes while they are baking it.

Anybody here have a kick a** cheesy potato recipe?

Thanks

Here is my sister-in-law's recipe. This is some awesome, stick to your bones taters!

Ana's Homemade Hooray Potatoes !
    Preheat oven 350
    2 lbs frozen hash browns, cubed preferable
    1 can cream of mushroom
    1 can cream of chicken
    16 oz sour cream
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 Tablespoons melted Ghee or butter
    8 oz grated cheddar cheese

** if you like crunchy, add crushed Ruffles potato chips or corn flakes on top before popping into oven

Mix together and bake at 350 for 1 hour

(I like to fry up some Bacon SPAM and throw it in the recipe too. But I am a savage.)

Comment

This one is not usual, but it sure is good! https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...in-recipe.html

And this is the one I was looking for:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...-food-lab.html

Now that I think of it, it was the second one we made.
    Last edited by EdF; June 23, 2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I like to throw in a goodly portion of sliced green onions in mine...flavour, texture, yada, yada yada...
      Cain't go wrong with tossin in some crumbled bacon, either!
      <SECRET TIP!!!!!>
      Instead of, or preferably on top of yer favourite chips casserole topping, I often (read almost always) add an additional heavy crust layer of (real) bacon bits!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        An Excellent Point, Spinaker !!!

If Bacon is ever "Wrong", then I don't wanna be "Right"!!!!!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, when ever I think hear that, I always think of that scene with the preacher in Coming to America. LOL Mr. Bones

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I'm a talkin bout, Amen!!! I reckon, when it comes to bacon, I'm mostly testifyin!

One of my favourite movies, btw!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 23, 2018, 10:49 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here