Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New way to make a baked potato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New way to make a baked potato

I just tried this last night and it turned out GREAT! #1 wants them again tonight.

sorry, it is a FB article

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Here is the non-FB article:

William Sidis reportedly had an IQ as high as 300 and enrolled at Harvard when he was just 11 years old. And given that he was smarter than Einstein, it's odd that we didn't hear his story until now.

Comment

I guess if a bloomin' onion works, a bloomin' tater does too ...

Comment

This reminds me of texastweeter's pic of Texas Pinecones. I've gotta try it, but I've been avoiding potatoes and I hate it....

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          You hate potatos or hate avoiding them? If the former, this recipe is still a potato.

One day I'll try this with a sweet potato.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          richinlbrg I hate avoiding them. I love them, want them in every meal.

We'll give it a try tomorrow!

Comment

Just put two potatoes in the oven while waiting for them to cook I stumbled on to this, pulled the immediately and followed the steps. Back,in the oven now. 🤤

Comment

Hope you enjoy it, hogdog6 ! Either way, please let everyone know!

here are mine from tonight:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	517263

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              PaulstheRibList commented
              Editing a comment
              Super Cool!!

• hogdog6
              hogdog6 commented
              Editing a comment
              No photos because mine didn’t turn out very photogenic. However I do see many more potatoes in my future... delicious!

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you enjoyed it it, hogdog6 ! And the part you cut off is a mini little potato skin, too! Just have to remember to take them out early.

Dude this was awesome! I happened to see your post right before I started dinner. Had to go for it. Not the prettiest things in the world, but delicious!
            Attached Files

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great to me. So glad you enjoyed it!

Seems like a wonderful thing to do with a potato. I will be trying this soon, thanks!

Comment

If you have a french fry press you can achieve close to the same results by pressing it down but not all the way through the potato and save yourself a lot of time.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                Editing a comment
                Now THAT is a fabulous idea! I'm gonna go look for one on Amazon right now!

Originally posted by SouthStreetBarbecue View Post
              If you have a french fry press you can achieve close to the same results by pressing it down but not all the way through the potato and save yourself a lot of time.
              I was thinking the same thing as I was just considering getting a french fry press. They also do a great job dicing onions and peppers as well. Much more consistent dice than a food processor.

This is pretty much the same thing as a hasselback potato without having to slice off one side of the potato and making the tedious circle cuts.

Comment

on a different note, when i cook potatoes on the grill, i always do extras, if there are several left over, a couple of days later my wife cuts them up and makes french fries with them. best fries ever.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                  Frozen Smoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When I have room on the stick burner I do the same thing. I put a whole rack of potatoes on and smoke until done or nearly done usually 3 to 5lbs. They make the best American fries for breakfast you could ask for!

• dahcopilot
                  dahcopilot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i like that idea!

• dahcopilot
                  dahcopilot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cooked on the griddle santa is bringing

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here