Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tasty dream.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tasty dream.

It must have been a dream 'cause there are no photos. I dreamed up a new potato recipe yesterday. The local grocery has had new potatoes, (almost bite sized), similar to Yukon Gold, available for some time. I have been baking them and serving with butter, salt and pepper. We have enjoyed eating them this way, but yesterday I wanted something a bit different.

I baked them as usual, but then I sliced them in half. (About 1 lb)
    Next I sauteed some thinly sliced onions and garlic in half and half butter and olive oil. (About 1/2 med large onion and 2 or 3 garlic cloves - to taste.)
    I pushed the onion mixture to the edge of the pan and swirled the liquid around to coat the bottom of the pan and added the sliced potatoes - cut side down. They cooked over med heat until crisp on the cut side.
    Then I stirred everything together to coat the potatoes and mix in the onions and garlic.
    Add a little salt and pepper and they are ready to eat, and very tasty.

Edit to add that I love sauteed onions, so I will likely double the onions next time.
    Last edited by RonB; February 10, 2018, 08:54 AM.

Sounds delicious!

Comment

That’s a sweet dream.
      And than you woke up. 😁

Comment

Sounds great! That would have gone nicely with the imaginary smoked chuck roast (Montreal steak seasoning for the rub, and topped with grilled peppers/onions/mushrooms) that I had last night.

Comment

Now I have another use for all the imaginary garlic and onions I have in cold storage.....

Comment

Nice dream

Comment

I might have to have that same dream.

Comment

Very nice. I love onion also.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here