Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to do this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to do this...

My heroes
    Last edited by DWCowles; December 21, 2014, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I wish I knew what I'm doing when posting links...duh

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Simply pasting a video's link into a reply wont' work like a regular address link will. You need to paste it as "Insert video" and it has to be one of these: Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, Facebook.

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I will get better...I promise

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll do a writeup on it in the next few days, I've been meaning to but haven't gotten to it. I'll put in screen shots and so forth like the other writeups to make it easy to follow.

Looks like a similar recipe the wife tried from Robert Irvine in the oven (Hasselbeck Roasted Potatoes):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...es-recipe.html

Those look better though....

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Just about anything in an iron skillet on the grill is good

Yep, those are Hasselback potatoes, straight up! An old classic. Don't forget to sprinkle cheese on top.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        And the bacon...the grandkids will eat the whole skillet by theirselfs

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmm....bacon! :-)

DW - I think you had a post about these guys before. Thanks, I've been watching them ever since.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        W.A., I enjoy watching their videos and I have done alot of their recipes

those guys are fun.... I just watched this one. Kinda bummed they used a propane cooker, they need a LANG!
      Alligator recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        smarkley, I think I will just stick with pork

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Darn... I am actually trying to talk my wife into letting me try cooking one. But it would first require me to get a bigger smoker... something like a Lang 48... minimum

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        That gator looks longer then 48 inches smarkley
        Last edited by DWCowles; December 22, 2014, 06:28 PM.

I thought DW was THE BBQ Pit Boys.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod, I need to change my avatar bc I've shaved and gotten a haircut

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had fried alligator tail - at the Texas State Fair, where else - and it was good. And we've got a Cajun place here that does a great alligator sausage.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I've tried it too at a food stand in Isle of the Palms in SC, when the wife and I were on vacation. It was exactly like that except a tiny bit fishy.

DW, my wife and I love watching these guys cook. Guuuuud! Gotta stop watching them late night though because it always makes us hungry.

Comment

Looks awesome, plus it sounded like somebody bagged an 8 pointer.

Comment

I am making this tonight, but in a 400 degree convection oven. I held the bacon, but add about 1/4 lb pulled pork under the cheese instead. I also added a few sprinkles of fresh grated Parmesan on top of the cheddar. I am serving as a side to smoked boneless country style ribs. They have about 15 more mins in the oven and the country ribs have about 20. I am glazing follow the plan on MHs country ribs and baste and glaze with Carolia gold BBQ sauce. Thanks for the low down on these DWC!

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't forget to post pics HC

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	42647

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	42648

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	42649

This was very tasty for sure - the crispy stuff on the sides and the bottom of the skillet was packed with flavor!

I followed the video's instructions as far as slicing and making the butter and onion mixture. I did add some chives and a dash of Accent.

I cooked the potatoes at 400 for about 50 mins in a convection oven, topped and put back in the 400 oven for 20 more mins to finish up.

When I do this again, I will probably use a blend of cheddar and mozzarella -- maybe some pepper jack.

Even though this skillet was well seasoned and pre-oiled before potatoes went it, it took a bunch of soaking and elbow grease to get it clean, so if I do in the oven again I will use a Pyrex dish.

I will also probably cut the temp to about 350 after putting pork (or bacon) and cheese toppings on - they almost got overdone at 400.

Thanks again for the hook-up on this one DWC!! Everyone was impressed!

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks good for sure HC. I really like watching the BBQ Pitboys videos. They just keep it simple.

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes sir - and they have lots of recipes with video instructions which is really helpful.

The potato bombs looks good also - might try them next.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            The potato bombs I have done and it was a big hit with the grandkids. I will take the center cord out for them and let them put what they want inside the potato and let them put the plug back in.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here