Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My version of Pommes Anna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My version of Pommes Anna

Click image for larger version

Name:	327893_2667313476123_49446347_o.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	35056 Click image for larger version

Name:	414469_2667309156015_1074420331_o.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	35057 A fun way to eat potatoes. With parm and drizzled with truffle oil.

Ooh la la! You're singing my song! What's the technique, cook time, etc?

Comment

INGREDIENTS

• 4 large potatoes cleaned and washed with skins on
        • (Yukon Gold or Russet, approximately 2 lbs)
        • 1/4 cup of unsalted melted butter
        • Kosher salt
        • Pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
        • Cut potatoes into 1/16 inch slices. A mandolin or food processor works great for this process so slices are uniform in thickness.
        • Liberally brush the 14 inch pizza pan with butter. (A BBQ Brush works great)
        • From the outer edge of the pizza pan, arrange the slices one at a time in a concentric circle slightly overlapping each other working your way towards the center. When you finish, brush the first layer with butter and sprinkle with the kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper. Do the same for each layer until you run out of slices. I like a total of four layers.
        • Place on center rack in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.

NOTES

Equipment needed: 14 inch pizza pan mandolin or food processor with thin slicing blade.

Comment

I am DEFINITELY going to make this! Points! And thanks!

Question: Have you tried this with a holey pizza pan? That's what I currently own. I'm thinking I'd have way more of a mess than is worth dealing with. Hey, maybe a cookie sheet! Won't be round, but who cares?
        Last edited by Ozric; November 28, 2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The perforated pan works well too. Just have to watch the bottom so it doesn't burn. If the bottom gets done first I just put the broiler on to finish the top.

Comment

• Ozric
            Ozric commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool! Thanks.

Thanks!

Comment

Ever try it with cheddar on top? Maybe some crumbled bacon? Seems like a natural fit.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              _Keith I was thinkin' along th' same lines!!!! Smoke On!!!

Love it. Now you have me thinking. I always wanted to make potato pizza crust. I'll get back to you on that but I think less layers and the bottom later starchy potato hand cut so it is all skin on the bottom may be my first try; pressed so it sticks together. Very thin on the toppings.

Another failure coming up! Hey, I learn from failure and whilst I might be embarrassed to serve them to others they tend to taste good.

Beautiful. Thank you.

Scoobs

Comment

That looks so good--I'm making this for sure. Great idea and thanks for the share.

Comment

That thing is begging for sour cream and chives. Beautiful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here