Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syracuse Salt potatoes grilled smoked and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syracuse Salt potatoes grilled smoked and

So i took a very simple recipe for one of lifes best comfort foods combinedwith the Syracuse salt potatoes and during the grilling process added 2 pieces of apple and smoked them
    Next came the fun part of turning them into what i love mashed potatoes . Used the kettle and took the temp to 350 according to the dome thermometer i know it is not acceptable but not dragging everything out for such a short cook. Kept turning them till they had s nice golden crust used the remaing butter and herbs tossed it in the kitchen aid added a few splashes of half and half and came out with some of the best mashed potatoes i have ever had. I did use the sns and dng and a stainless steel rack. Now these were small yukon gold which are a little waxy so the mashed potatoes will not be light and fluffy. You can use any type of potatoe you want, not sure how it will work with the salted recipe. But never know till you try . I did cook a couple of sausages as a side dish, they were not as important Click image for larger version

Name:	20170223_163936.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	279915

That's another thing that I have to try! If I am doing mashed potatoes and I want fluffy and light, I use either russet or white potatoes.

Comment

When the sausages are not that important, you know those potatoes were great!

Comment

That looks n' sounds heavenly t' me!
      I could, n' would willingly eat taters every meal o' th' day, snacktimes, an' midnight snack as well!!!
      Thanks fer th' great idea, very inspirin'!!!

Comment

That is awesome. I have the same routine - mashed potatoes on day one, potato pancakes on day two with eggs and bacon/sausage. Adding apple to it sounds absolutely dynamite! Thanks customtrim.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here