Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokey potato salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokey potato salad

2 pounds red potatoes
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 teaspoons smoked paprika
    Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
    1 cup small diced celery
    1/2 small red onion, finely diced
    1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard
    2 teaspoons chopped capers
    1/2 lemon, juiced

Preheat your grill to medium heat. Oil the grill grates
    Slice the potatoes lengthwise into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place the potatoes in a bowl and add the oil, paprika and season with 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper. Toss together.
    Grill the potatoes until golden brown on both sides . Remove and allow to cool. Dice into 3/4 to 1-inch pieces.
    In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes, celery, red onions and parsley.
    In another bowl, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, capers and lemon juice. Adjust the salt, as needed.
    Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the potato mixture, cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir and adjust seasoning as needed.

Sounds great Scott.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a good switch up from the usual

ScottSeebohm, Your Smoked Potatoe Salad Recipe looks Great! Thanks for Posting It!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Sounds really good. Would like to see some pics if possible

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks
      I'll work on the pics in the future

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to them.

Thanks a ton!

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem

Do you peel the potatoes? We usually don't peel the red ones, but I'm thinking the charred skin might be annoying in a tater salad--or not.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't peel them
      The skin doesn't really get charred
      They are sliced before you put them on the grill so they cook before they char too much

I was waiting for the smoking part and realized it is just the paprika right? I might have to try this but add a little wood chips to it.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
      ScottSeebohm commented
      Editing a comment
      It is bassicly the paprika and just a bit off the grill
      It really does have a unique flavor and I bet a few chips would make it that much better

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here