Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smashed Sweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smashed Sweets

This is so easy! I love simple recipes

Peel, slice and boil sweet potatoes in salty water until soft. Drain water. Smash them up with butter and orange blossom honey to taste. Serve with toasted pecan pieces.

Sounds more like desert! Restaurant here does a similar thing with acorn squash. Yummmmmm

Comment

Your recipe sounds delicious, and easy! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

I have done something similar, just use dark brown sugar instead of honey.

Comment

Yum Yum. Sounds delicious!!

Comment

I'm a big fan of crispy planks of pork, Panko breaded and lightly fried. The smashed sweets were a side along with a packaged sunflower kale salad mix with citrus dressing (I put Satsuma segments in the salad too). It was one of my better meals, light and satisfying.

Comment

I've started using sweetened vanilla creme fraiche with both sweet potatoes and butternut squash. I use this one
              Vermont Creamery Has Been Consciously Crafting Delicious Dairy Products Since 1984. Our Specialty European-Style Dairy Tastes Better Because It's Made Better. Learn More. Certified B Corp. Award-Winning. Taste The Difference.

Comment

Sounds simple and nummy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here