Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My grilled potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw this for first time. Going to do this with cast iron on the SnS

Comment

I'm with you.

Comment

Have to try this...

Comment

Richard you are a great cook, chief, perfection taters.

Comment

I finally gave this a shot and loved the results. I cut my potatoes too small though, and I'm going to give it another go today with a mix of larger and small pieces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4774.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1444351

Comment

• hoovarmin
              hoovarmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Richard Chrz it's a fantastic method.

• Angryfish
              Angryfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks delicious!

• Prof Bunky
              Prof Bunky commented
              Editing a comment
              That's okay, we'll eat them. Send via drone please.

I missed this the first time around, probably because of the holiday. It looks perfect for Mrs Mosca, because no onions (she LOVES them, can’t eat them). I’ll give it a go.

Comment

Nice lookin cook. Gave me ideas fer my camp cook this weekend. 👍

Comment

If you are un-happy with the size I will be glad to provide a shipping address....they look really good to me!

Comment

Those look tasty!

Comment

Ok, I had forgotten about these. and want to give it a try this weekend. To clarify, you have the pan over direct heat, and have the lid of the kettle on during the cook, running 350 on the dome thermometer? I can either use my Lodge 12” skillet, or take the wooden handle off my 14” carbon steel wok. Which way would you recommend?

Comment

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      DogFaced PonySoldier I've done plenty of "pan fried" style potatoes on the griddle, easy peasy. They don't get any smoky flavor though like I think these would off the grill. I agree an hour seems long for the griddle, but not if it were in the oven inside at 350.

Richard Chrz I guess the flat bottom of the Lodge 12" may be better than the smaller flat bottom of the wok. I could spread stuff up the sides but those would be farther from the heat. I guess I need to just get that paella pan!

• Richard Chrz
                      Richard Chrz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jfmorris you certainly will not regret owning this pan. I use it so much. Especially on the kettle.

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Richard Chrz oh I am sure. I am already impressed with how non-stick that 12" x 13" Lodge carbon steel grill pan is, and I only used it once, with the pre-seasoning from Lodge. I'll for sure be looking at the 15" paella pan - maybe for my birthday or Christmas, haha.

Repeat performance, this time with different size cuts of potato. Much better. Thanks for this technique Richard Chrz !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4779.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1444982

Comment

• Prof Bunky
                      Prof Bunky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, we'll eat those, too.

• Richard Chrz
                      Richard Chrz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dave, I think this is a really low effort way of adding them into a cook out, they don’t require much attention. Agreed?

• hoovarmin
                      hoovarmin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Richard Chrz virtually no attention at all. I put them in and set a timer for 20 minutes, give the a stir and then another 20 minutes and done.

Looking good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here