Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite cut of potato?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French fries if cut and made right.

Comment

Artisanal filets from the very center fried in hand-pressed avocado oil dusted with sea salt aged at least 5 million years.

Comment

I’m so glad you didn’t get one of those low grade potatoes that has poor cuts like steak fries and wedges

Comment

I like baked potatoes followed by tots, crinkle or steak fries. But I’ve never shied away from any tater.

Comment

French fries and chips.

Comment

Fries, hash browns, tots and smashed ok just about anything with potatoes.

my biggest pet peeve with potatoes is specifically baked potatoes when they are not fully cooked.

Comment

Mashed taters with WAAAY too much dairy, or scalloped.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                You'd like mine. Last time I made mashed reds w/ skins my wife took one bite and asked "is there any potato in here?", that's how I know they're made right.

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                Heavy cream, butter, cream cheese, Parmesan, Gruyere, and extra sharp white cheddar. I use mealy potatoes for mashers usually. I Do occasionaly use reds for whipped. Huskee
                Last edited by texastweeter; August 13, 2021, 09:08 AM.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Sooo…….you like a little potato with your cheese?

My favorite is scalloped, followed by mashed.

Comment

I hate potatoes, unless they're skinny-cut and fried or divested of their baked innards so the skin can be filled with really good stuff. And chips of course, preferable kettle-cooked.

Mashed potatoes remind me of Elmer's Glue. Ugh.

Hubby loves potatoes every way they can be made, so I make them often. I just don't eat them. I use up the saved calories with wine.

Kathryn
                Last edited by fzxdoc; August 13, 2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okay I had you on a pedestal. But there are now some cracks forming!

• wu7y
                  wu7y commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No cracks here for me! I like the way you think fzxdoc. I use up my saved calories with a Canadian blend instead of wine.

Diced and made into tots destined for the RV Works deep fryer!

Comment

• Skip
                  Skip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now that's a FRYER!

Wait. According to that chart, potato salad doesn't come from potatoes?

Comment

I lived on a farm in Illinois when I was younger and we got snowed in for about a week. We went through all our food and it came down to eating instant mash potatoes. I don't know why I'm telling you this other than to say, I will never again eat instant mash potatoes.

That said, I'm in the fries and chips camp. There used to be a burger joint near my house when I was a kid, the guy would make us a huge basket of greasy French fries with ton of salt. We would devour those like they were fine caviar on melba toast. Chips the same way, I've never met a bag of chips I didn't like !!

And who doesn't like a properly dressed baked potato? Oh and scallop potatoes, that cheesy, creamy, delicious concoction. And in the morning with eggs and bacon, who doesn't like fried potatoes in bacon fat or hash browns made perfectly golden?

Yup, I love me some spuds. Hard to pick a favorite, it's like your kids, gotta love 'em all equally !!!

Comment

Roasted, baked, and garlic mashed are my top three followed very close by potato salad, french fries, and home fried potatoes.

Heck, who am I kidding? I love every cut of potato!
                    Last edited by Santamarina; August 13, 2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

i like them roasted whole spud so i guess all of them. don't have to dig a very big fire pit, either!

Comment

Couch! (with PBR of course!)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here