Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confit Potatoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    replied
    Damn. Excuse my language, but... damn.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    OMGoodness. I don't even like potatoes (besides frites and loaded potato skins) and this sounds wicked good to me. Especially with the duck fat option.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I used Kirkland EVOO

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Did you use evoo or regular olive oil?

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, my comment was pointed a both "Erik(c)'s"

• ofelles
    replied
    That sounds really good. I've done the duck legs. Also garlic this way. Potatoes next

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Oh yeah, I didn't toss the olive oil at the end. I've got it in a jar in the pantry now. Cause it's full of rosemary and garlic! Gonna use it for general cooking purposes.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    That's just what I did HouseHomey ..... and it was amazing. Next time, I'm going to do it with duck fat #NOM

CaptainMike I wish I could

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I was pondering things to do with potatoes that would be different. Stumbled across the idea that you could do confit with things other than duck. Decided to try it. Turned out great.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Thank you for another bucket-list idea. Never heard of that before.
    Happy Grilling to you.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    You know, I've been wondering what it would take to convince a certain "Erik" to consider traveling to a certain "Meat Up In Texas". Perhaps a long shot, perhaps not. One never knows until one queries.

• HouseHomey
    replied
    So... what you are saying is that you took a new/non starchy potato and steeped it in a full flavored evoo, herbs and an aromatic?

Did I get that right?

No damn wonder why your chili is so freeking Amazing.

May I please suggest some smoked sea salt to those taters or actual duck fat? Sir, you are simply "dialed in" when cooking that simple with great technique.

Carry on fine sir.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Droolin, over here!

Many Thanks fer sharin with us!

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    started a topic Confit Potatoes?

Confit Potatoes?

Okay, so just tried this for the first time ever. And it came out pretty damn good. Sorry, no pictures yet.

Cook potatoes like you were making Duck Confit. Yep, that simple. They turn out stupid good. After reading a couple different websites, this is what I did

1. Got a pound of baby potatoes …. Like fingerlings, for example. Basically, no more than 1” in diameter.
    2. Washed them well, put them in a small baking dish, added a couple cut in half garlic cloves and a couple sprigs of rosemary
    3. Covered potatoes with olive oil until fully covered by 1/2” over the top
    4. Put in oven, uncovered, at 225F for 2 hours … yes, 2 hours
    5. Pulled from oven, pulled potatoes from the oil, salted with kosher salt, and then served along side cod fried in butter, lemon, garlic, and some sautéed green beans.

The potatoes were outstanding! Like the best baked potatoes, but still firm and crunchy skin.

Seriously, it’s an amazing way to cook. I’m going to explore this more

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here