Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Short ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Short ribs

I ordered some short ribs from Porter Road the other day. Just looked at the order and saw they are pork and not beef.
    Can I cook these like beef or? Are they like spares of St Louis types taste wise. Looking for some guidance.

There either spares (which can be trimmed to St. Louis for those of you in Oconomowoc) or back as in baby back. You’ll find out when ya git em. My guess is they’ll be spare ribs. Mmmm mmmm good!

Comment

Here is their description

These Short Ribs come from the rib cage of our pigs, specifically the rib plate. The meat on those ribs is desirable because it features a glorious combination of meat and fat. Cutting them down into small pieces makes them easier to cook, eat, and share.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I read this as spare ribs cut into short ribs akin to Beef ribs short ribs.
        Interesting, let us know, thanks in advance.

Beef short ribs are the equivalent of spare ribs in pork.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        So it sounds like they will just be short spares.

I heard that and a nickel will get you a cup of coffee in Oconomowoc.

Comment

Pork short ribs are a product unique to Snake River Farms. These are not the pork equivalent of beef short ribs, but are the continuation of the baby back rib section as it extends into the shoulder. Each 3-bone section has a meat to bone ratio more than twice of regular ribs.

This is what I found on the internet.
        Now I know what to order. What a find.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; March 2, 2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here