Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technique Question Re: Iberico Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    replied
    I've not done ibericos but I'd 1) go light on the salt and b) cook them hotter. One day I'll convince people that very low isn't always the answer. My guess on his would be that they cooked for too long. Also, don't be afraid to wrap

Finally, with Iberico, don't cover it up in a strong marinade or sauce. There's no reason to go for premium pork with a distinct flavor then cover it.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Henrik

Leave a comment:

• efincoop
    started a topic Technique Question Re: Iberico Pork Ribs

Technique Question Re: Iberico Pork Ribs

Hi All,

My son-in-law & I purchased some Iberico Pork ribs. He made 1 rack back on Super Bowl Sunday on his WSM. He cooked them at 215 (don't recall how long). He felt like he over (dry) brined them (they were salty) and they were on the dry side, not terrible, but more so than he liked.

I took 1 of my racks out of the freezer to cook this weekend. At first I was considering Meathead's Tuscan Marinaded Ribs, but then got to wondering if maybe sous vide que might be the way to go.

If you are not familiar with Iberico pork, you can read more here. Basically it is a Spanish heritage breed of pork and because they are on the small side for hogs, the racks are smaller and thinner than traditional pork ribs we usually cook.

I would love any feedback from the pork rib loving cooks here at Amazing Ribs!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here