Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Tenderloin -I’m bored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tenderloin -I’m bored

Hello all. I have a two pack of pork tenderloins from Costco thawing out. I need some inspiration. I’ve done the various tried and true recipes to great success and enjoyment but I’m bored. So I’m appealing to my friends here for something a little off the usual path.

Henrik I remember seeing a post a while ago where the pitmaster stacked the two tenderloins with various things stuffed in between and then tied them up in a nice roll Henrik I tagged you on this because I remember you had responded to it. I looked everywhere and I can’t find the post. That or any other creative ideas would be appreciated

I cured one for Canadian Bacon. Yummy!

Comment

Canadian Bacon. Char Siu or other marinated recipe. Butterfly and stuff.

Comment

Filet them flat, Butter Fly twice first in half, then each half. and add cream cheese, veggies, season, roll-up, and tie closed.
        Smoke to perfection, and pair with PBR.
        I will bring my appetite.

Comment

Marinated, then butterfly and stuff with Cream Cheese and fresh jalapeños. Sprinkle with Tony C’s all over. 👍

Comment

We really like this:

Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin Steaks
            ★★★★
            Grilled, Pork
            Servings: Serves 4 to 6 Source: cooksillustrated.com

INGREDIENTS
            2 pounds pork tenderloins (2 loins), trimmed
            1 tablespoon grated lime zest, from 2 limes
            ¼ cup lime juice, from 2 limes
            4 garlic cloves, minced
            4 teaspoons honey
            2 teaspoons fish sauce
            ¾ teaspoon salt
            ½ teaspoon pepper
            ½ cup vegetable oil
            4 teaspoons mayonnaise
            1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
            Flake sea salt (optional)
            DESCRIPTION
            Thin pork medallions are tricky to cook well on the grill. We ditched the traditional shape in favor of pork tenderloin "steaks" by cutting tenderloins in half and pounding them to 3/4 inch thick. This simple step increased their surface area for a better ratio of browned exterior to tender interior. We also cut thin slashes in the steaks to promote better penetration of a garlic-citrus marinade that includes honey for better browning and fish sauce for meatiness. Finally we left excess marinade on the steaks to help keep their exteriors from drying out on the grill and then thickened some reserved marinade with mayonnaise for a bold finishing sauce.
            DIRECTIONS
            Slice each tenderloin in half crosswise to create 4 steaks total. Pound each half to 3/4-inch thickness. Using sharp knife, cut 1/8-inch-deep slits spaced 1/2 inch apart in crosshatch pattern on both sides of steaks.
            Whisk lime zest and juice, garlic, honey, fish sauce, salt, and pepper together in large bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle oil into lime mixture until smooth and slightly thickened. Transfer 1/2 cup lime mixture to small bowl and whisk in mayonnaise; set aside sauce. Add steaks to bowl with remaining marinade and toss thoroughly to coat; transfer steaks and marinade to large zipper-lock bag, press out as much air as possible, and seal bag. Let steaks sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
            FOR A CHARCOAL GRILL: Open bottom vent completely. Light large chimney starter filled with charcoal briquettes (6 quarts). When top coals are partially covered with ash, pour evenly over half of grill. Set cooking grate in place, cover, and open lid vent completely. Heat grill until hot, about 5 minutes.
            FOR A GAS GRILL: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on high and turn off other burner(s).
            Clean and oil cooking grate. Remove steaks from marinade (do not pat dry) and place over hotter part of grill. Cook, uncovered, until well browned on first side, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip steaks and cook until well browned on second side, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer steaks to cooler part of grill, with wider end of each steak facing hotter part of grill. Cover and cook until meat registers 140 degrees, 3 to 8 minutes longer (remove steaks as they come to temperature). Transfer steaks to carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
            While steaks rest, microwave reserved sauce until warm, 15 to 30 seconds; stir in cilantro. Slice steaks against grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Drizzle with half of sauce; sprinkle with sea salt, if using; and serve, passing remaining sauce separately.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0281 (2).jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	994793
            Last edited by Old Glory; February 24, 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Photo? I seem to remember seeing one from you on the SUWYC topic but can't find it now.

Thanks for the recipe!

Kathryn

• Derickls
              Derickls commented
              Editing a comment
              We do this one regularly it is fantastic.

• Old Glory
              Old Glory commented
              Editing a comment
              fzxdoc I added a pic. I didn't post it in SUWYC because I didn't like how the picture came out. I scored the meat a little to deeply so it looks chopped but it wasn't and it curled when I grilled it. Tasted great though!

I just found a recipe called Burgundy Pork Tenderloin. Salt, pepper, garlic powder rub, then top with thin sliced onion and chopped celery. Add 2 cups red wine. Bake at 350 until at least 145F internal. Turn wine/juices into a gravy (reduction or thicken with a roux). Serve with egg noodles and green beans.

I’m actually doing that tonight.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Not only really good, but easy. I made some pasta with it and steamed broccoli. Great weeknight dinner.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds Quite Delicious!!!

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              ecowper , I made this last night and it is excellent! Thanks for posting it!

Two good ones

Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Apples is juicy and tender with great flavor from sweet apple pie filling and all that crispy bacon!

This Stuffed Pork Tenderloin is packed with flavor from balsamic caramelized onions, crumbled bacon, manchego cheese, and spinach.

Comment

Strangely, the best pork tenderloin I ever did was also the simplest. I dry brined them the night before, then seared them in a cast iron skillet on the grill, and finished indirect. The rub was just equal parts paprika, brown sugar, and pepper. (Steven Raichlen fans will recognize this as his "the only BBQ rub you'll ever need.)

Comment

Awesome! Amazing recipes up there. 👆 Thanks everyone! Now the challenge is which one?!

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m kinda partial to that Panhead dude’s suggestion.

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heard that Panhead dude only knows how to make authentic Texas chowder Panhead John

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jfrosty27 I gotta say that the one I did was easy as can be, very flavorful, and not the normal grilled/smoked option.

And then there is this ...

Comment

Well, you’ve gotten great recipes already. Here’s another take on it, where I stuff it with figs and lemon curd, and wrap it in bacon:

I bought some real nice game meat last week (wildboar, deer, moose), so I figured it was time to fire up the grill. I created a new recipe for this one. Here you go, pit! It turned

Comment

Stuffed Cuban Pork Tenderloin It's a Cooking Light recipe.

Name:	image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F19%2F2011%2F07%2F06%2Fstuffed-cuban-pork-tenderloin-ck-x.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	994621

Pork Tenderloin On A Stick:
                    Here's one of my cooks with PTOAS and some ribs:

Name:	WSCGC Ribs and Pork Tenderloin.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	994622

Kathryn

Comment

Wow everyone is getting their pork loin on !! I agree with the OP, pork tenderloin is super tender and extremely boring. It's needs something sweet and/or savory. I too have been a big proponent of butterflying and stuffing with a variety of cheeses and veggies. I even did pork breakfast sausage in one. And of course bacon wrapped. Bottom line, infuse that sucker with flavor and make it less boring !!

Name:	loin 03.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	994663Click image for larger version

Name:	loin 04.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	994662Click image for larger version

Name:	loin 05.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	994665Click image for larger version

Name:	loin 02.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	994666Click image for larger version

Name:	loin 01.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	994664Click image for larger version

Name:	loin 06.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	994661

Comment

• ecowper
                        ecowper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        looks like cream cheese, fresh basil, mushrooms and .... figs? currants?

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe that was sun dried tomatoes you get in the jar filled with olive oil. Otherwise, yea that was the basic ingredients. Almost anything works.

And the hits just keep on coming!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here