Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Belly - best recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly - best recipes

Other than the MH PB Salad, what are your favorite recipes and preparation? (On sale at NorCal COSTCOs July 2015) Go!

BACON!! is there any other options?

Comment

Spicy Caramel pork belly.
      Slow cook it for hours or sous vide. Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
      Sear and briefly simmer in an Asian caramel sauce made with vietnamese fish sauce, brown sugar, thai chilis, a bunch of thinly sliced garlic and rice wine vinegar.
      My apologies for not having a proper recipe, I just mix the sauce ingredients, taste and adjust on the fly.

Or do a sous vide porchetta

or Charroasted porchetta

Rub it with italian herbs, lemon zest, some heat, salt and pepper,

Tie it and roast.

Slice and make killer sammiches

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Asian caramel pork belly.............. you sir are a genius!

I just bought (2) pork bellies at the Roseville, CA Costco this morning @ 2.29/lb.. Almost forgot the maple syrup. Naturally I'm making bacon.

Comment

if i ever win the lottery Ernest is going to be my chef

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!!! Free lodging?

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          whatever you need chef. lodging, booze, ninja swords...

I might have to pass by Costco, did they just start carrying pork belly?

Comment

It's been out here for at least 3 months but we pay $2.99/lb because we're special.

Comment

Sorry Ernest, I didn't see your question about pork belly availability at Costco. Out of (5) Costco's in my area, only (2) carry it on a regular basis. I called a couple different ones and found the nearest one that had it in stock. They even told me how many they had at the time I called (25). It definitely saves a wasted trip.

Comment

There are so many options to this cut of pork… and I love cooking with it. My way is very simple, and it allows me to use it in many different recipes…. mostly I use it in salads, tacos, oriental dishes, sandwiches, or just plain. It’s a regular staple around my house, and like I said… you can use it in just about anything that calls for pork. It’s such a cheap cut of meat, that most oriental restaurants use it in just about all of their dishes that call for pork.

10-12lb belly
              Your choice dry-rub

I let it sit at room temp for about an hour coated with my choice of dry-rub.
              Set up my smoker for 210-225 cooking temp.
              Fatty side up, and I smoke for about 6 hours before I test it.
              The fat should be like gelatin when you poke your finger in it.
              The meat will come apart very easily.
              The bark should be crisp… of course!
              Internal temp should be 175-180.
              Can take up to 8-10 hours.

I think it’s best served right away after resting for about 15-20 minutes but, I have done very well with left-overs if they are stored properly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here