Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried Spare Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried Spare Ribs

I like fried spare ribs as much as any ribs I have done on a smoker. The recipe is simple. Cut the rack into individual ribs, salt them, dredge them in flour, and deep fat fry them in a fry pot. I use a gallon of oil for a rack of spare ribs. These may look dry, but they aren't. They just have a good crust. You can coat them in buffalo wing sauce if you want to add zest. I also like them better than buffalo chicken wings.

Weird enough to try!

First time I've heard of this, but I have learned that when something sounds really different, it is worth trying.

Thank you, RAmorris , I'm going to give this a shot!

What kind of oil did you use, vege, peanut.....?

Comment

I used Canola Oil. Fried ribs were as common where I grew up in rural north Florida as fried chicken. During a hog killing, while we were cutting up the meat, the women typically fried ribs and livers and brought them to us to eat while we were working. Fried ribs were also frequently served on special occasions.

Comment

Sounds good, But I think Tommy Boy said it best.

Comment

They look tasty. I would expect them to be a bit chewy though.

Comment

The good thing about fried ribs is that they have less fat than smoked ribs. The frying renders out much of the fat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here