Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sou Vide pork butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder77
    replied
    I do my pork butt 155 degrees for 12 hours. Then I fire up the Primo Junior And smoke it do get some bark and flavor. The only way I do my pork butt.

Leave a comment:

• NukeGuy
    replied
    It's in the smoker now. Torch gets some crispy bits. After smoking tube stops I'll torch it again. (loosing too much smoke while torching)

May sear pre cook next time.

Leave a comment:

• BillinStL
    replied
    Did you do any pre or post smoking to help build some crust? I have sous vide a lot of different meats and it always needs some sort of searing or smoking (depending on the cut of meat) to seal the deal.

I have seen posts where some people like pre-smoking before the sous vide which may enhance the smoky flavor more than post-smoking (and I have tried this with good success) ... but for some crispy bits as part of the texture, I would think doing a post smoking should build the crust to achieve the result you are looking for.
    Last edited by BillinStL; January 20, 2021, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NukeGuy
    started a topic Sou Vide pork butt

Sou Vide pork butt

Did part of a bone in butt (cut off a few pounds for sausage) in sous vide cooked. Rubbed up with Bad Byron's Butt Rub then 165F for 24 hours. Fall apart tender. Great, eh?

Well not great. I want some smoky crispy bits. Should I hit it with a torch or what? Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork butt sous vide.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	977094

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here