Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Ribs Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Ribs Yet

I did a St. Louis cut in my GMG Daniel Boone with the rotisserie I had installed set at 225 degrees. I also used The Meatstick to monitor the internal temperature. I used the Memphis Dust with 1/2 bottle of Grill Mates Honey Hickory that I held in the refrigerator for two hours. After 3 hours 48 minutes the ribs reached 203 degrees so I pulled the ribs. The advantage of the rotisserie is that it is self basting. I only spritzed one time abut 1/2 way through with 50/50 mix of apple juice and apple cider vinegar. It looks fabulous, has the smoke ring, the meat is very tender and the bones come clean but the meat does not just fall off (I know because I tried). Look at the photos and drool.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkB1; January 1, 2021, 05:27 PM.

Yum !!!! Droooll!!!

Comment

Oh man. Those look absolutely perfect. I need to go get some ribs tomorrow. Been a while since I did any. You have inspired me.

Comment

Comment

Never done Rotis ribs on a pellet grill, however am a frequent flyer with rotis ribs on my kettle, HB and PK grill with the Carson Rodizio. Rotis ribs are a favorite around here.
          BTW very nice looking ribs. Wished I had a few bones here.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            tiewunon I haven’t done rotisserie ribs on my 22” kettle before. I am now. Did you use the basket like he did? Or something else? Also what method did you use for the coal distribution? SnS, baskets or banked to one side? Thanks for any advice.

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            @PanheadJohn no I used the ribbon candy looking method as depicted in Joetee picture. I have used both Raichlens recipes. I do have one of those baskets but mine might be 10-12". Not big. I have threaded on 2 racks on one spit rod no issue.

I have 10 racks in the freezer for whenever, lol.

Comment

Looks good!!

I haven't done ribs since October. I have rib envy
            ​​​​

Comment

Look very tasty, PBR tasty.
              Only one rack, I noticed. But then I can only eat one at a time.
              Like the idea of self-basting. What else have you cooked on your GMG Daniel Boone with the rotisserie?

Comment

• MarkB1
                MarkB1 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's just me so one rack. I lost my wife last year so now I'm cooking for one. I've done a nice whole chicken, pulled pork, and the ribs. All came out just great.

MarkB1 Damn man! Why did you post that? Now I’m gonna have to get me ANOTHER accessory for my rotisserie. Can you tell us what basket that is you’re using to hold the ribs on the spit? And they do look great!
              Last edited by Panhead John; January 2, 2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I was wondering why a rotisserie on a pellet cooker, but you answered that one. Looking very delicious for sure.

Comment

Here's another option.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20180617_190714.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	967362

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good idea!

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is that considered the "snake" method :’)

Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
                  Like the idea of self-basting. What else have you cooked on your GMG Daniel Boone with the rotisserie?
                  I picked up the basket on ebay for $19.99 (free ship). It;s the only 17" basket I've found.

Grillmark 01567 Rotisserie Flat Basket. Basket is 17" x 8" x 2.25". 4-tier Adjust 38" Spit Rod. If the item is opened and/or seal is broken then we will open and check to make sure all of the parts are in working order.

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! Gotta get one soon.

Fantastic looking, you may have changed my meal plans for the upcoming week.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
                    Here are some photos of the pulled pork and the chicken. The 3 pound chunk of pork(BOGO Free) is just right for me without too much meat.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by MarkB1; January 2, 2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                      Panhead John commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good job sir! All of that looks great! You might have just boosted rotisserie kit sales across the U.S. by 20%. Going to get me a pork shoulder tomorrow.

• bbqLuv
                      bbqLuv commented
                      Editing a comment
                      well done, You Done Good!

OMG! It looks so tempting and delicious.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here