Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Tenderloin BBQ Ideas? (Big Green Egg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tenderloin BBQ Ideas? (Big Green Egg)

I have got a 2-pack of pork tenderloin in the freezer that I'm gonna thaw out and fix in the next day or two. I pretty much always use this recipe:

I do that in cast iron/oven then make a white wine reduction afterwards, it's pretty good. I'm wanting to do something different though, I've just done it that way so many times.

Any ideas and/or recipes for it where I could use my Big Green Egg for them?

I made Pork Tenderloin steaks the other day. Cut them in half then pounded them to about an inch thick. Rubbed with Secret Weapon and grilled them like steaks. Came out pretty good and was different than how I usually cook them.

Comment

I've got one in the freezer too and it will become char siu pork https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-char-siu-ribs

Comment

• BradNorthGA
      BradNorthGA commented
      Editing a comment
      I might try this because Saturday my wife is visiting a friend, and there is a fantastic Asian grocery store nearby where she could find some of that stuff needed

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Something I didnt notice is that the recipe I linked calls for dried ginger. I'd use regular ginger (which you can either buy whole, peel and mince or buy jarred - look near the jars of minced garlic). The flavors are very different.

I do a pork tenderloin stuffed with blue cheese and apple sauce that’s a real hit:

Pork tenderloin turns out so tasty when you stuff it with blue cheese and apple sauce and wrap it with bacon. Try it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
      I've got one in the freezer too and it will become char siu pork https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-char-siu-ribs
      Hey everyone, I think I am gonna try this out, partly because my wife is going to a friend's house on Saturday where there is an excellent Asian supermarket nearby where she can grab all the ingredients. Also, it looks great! I have some questions about adapting the recipe here on this site though, because it is intended for ribs mostly and I am gonna use it for pork tenderloin. The only thing I can find to go by to adapt with is this bit of text:

"Roast ribs for about 3 hours, loin strips for about 1 1/2 hours. If you grill, skip the smoking wood. I think it is cleaner and brighter sans lumber."

OK so I guess I know to put them in my BGE for about 90 minutes at 225 degrees. I still have some prep questions related to using pork tenderloins instead of baby back ribs though:

1) After I make the marinade, should I put the entire pork tenderloins whole into a bag with the marinade, or should I slice them first?

2) After pulling them out of the marinade, should I cut them in some way or throw them onto the Big Green Egg whole to cook @ 225 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours?

3) Is there any other advice or additional steps I should know to adapt this recipe to pork tenderloin rather than baby back ribs?

Thanks in advance everybody!!

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Marinate the whole tenderloin, ideally over night or so.

Cook the whole tenderloin to temp - I'd do 150-160F. I'd cook hotter than 225 - tenderloin is lean and you don't want to dry it out. Think 275F.

Finish with a sear if you like. I'd use the broiler vs a hot pan because you're not really looking for a hard sear, just get some caramelization.

Cool for ~10mins and slice.

This might help - https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/cha...rk-tenderloin/
        Last edited by rickgregory; December 25, 2020, 03:08 PM.

• BradNorthGA
        BradNorthGA commented
        Editing a comment
        rickgregory thanks a ton, this is what I'm gonna try

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Let us know how it is.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here