Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork recipe to accompany Boston Baked Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork recipe to accompany Boston Baked Beans

I made Meathead's Boston Baked Beans with Last Meal Ribs, and everybody was impressed, especially with the beans. I'm having them over again, and am required to make the beans again, but would like to pair them with another recipe for the meat. Any suggestions?

Have you tried pulled pork? Here we think it goes well with the baked beans.

Comment

Uh, well, pulled pork, country ribs, pork loin or tenderloin, brats, burgers, chicken, steak ... gosh, what are baked beans NOT good with?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. All the above suggestions are great, but here's another one - pulled chuck roast. You can make sandwiches with it and they also go well with beans.

EDIT to add that it can be used in a ton of other things like tacos, chili, beef stroganoff, pot pies, and on and on...
        Last edited by RonB; December 19, 2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 for CHUCKIE!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          +2

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

A simple well seasoned grilled to the perfect temperature juicy pork chop!

Comment

Sorry, couldn't help it... was trying to figure out what I've been missing out on by not having meat with one of my favorite sweets Click image for larger version

Name:	71DocEOQULL._SL1452_.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	958792

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Pork butt with beans underneath to catch some of the drippings. Or, beef chuck roast, chuckie!

Comment

I ended up doing it very wrongly. I made a pork recipe that didn't have a lot of drippings. It was good, but didn't help the beans any. I also tripled the beans recipe (I really love this recipe!), but didn't realize I should not have tripled the water (since it should cook off at a pretty similar rate despite having more beans), so it as somewhat bland and very watery.

A lesson, especially since my friends brought their son to eat my tasty beans. But I did learn!

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  we learn more by failing than by being amazing every single time (which is boring anyway )

Definitely pulled pork. I have my mother’s bean pot and usually make them in that. You can also do it in a crock pot. In the bean pot method, you don’t precook the onions. Just slice them thin and layer them in between bean layers. The onions completely disintegrate.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!. I know neither are pork, but bbq chicken or burgers go great with baked beans...

Comment

Pulled pork is my go to

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here