Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Brine Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    Costco and maybe Sam’s are the only ones I can remember having packs of 3.

• Troubador
    replied
    Thanks- Troubador

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    Costco ribs are always three racks to a package

• ecowper
    replied
    I don’t worry too much about brining ribs .... a couple hours, or so. The meat on the bones is pretty thin and the salt penetrates quickly. Off to read Joetee s post now :-)
    Last edited by ecowper; October 17, 2020, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I've never had spareribs with 3 racks in a package. 2 tops. Just saying.

• smokin fool
    replied
    I don't dry brine.
    Outta the fridge, trim em up, dry rub em up and on the grill.
    Also use mayo as a binder for the dry rub.

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    I just made my best ribs ever. Search my posts. I just posted what I did.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Over knight by some, a few hours, or 15-30 minutes by others.
    They Ribs are thin so don't over salt. Ribs generally come three to a package, so you may want to try one rack over knight, one for 3-4 hours, and the last for 30 minutes. Be sure to log your results, Pictures are nice. Then taste which you refer.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
    12 hours should be enough, IMHO. Longer won't hurt. Overnight is generally what I do. By the way, baby backs are basically the same. It's not an exact science. I always do the bone side of ribs as well as the meat side after I peel the membrane.
    Ditto. Too much salt (dry brining is not affected by time since it is measured, salt doesn't multiply) and they can get a little "hammy," which isn't all that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    12 hours should be enough, IMHO. Longer won't hurt. Overnight is generally what I do. By the way, baby backs are basically the same. It's not an exact science. I always do the bone side of ribs as well as the meat side after I peel the membrane.

Leave a comment:

• Troubador
    started a topic Dry Brine Pork Ribs

Dry Brine Pork Ribs

How long should one dry brine St. Louis style ribs also should they only be salted on the meat side? Please exclude baby backs unless it is noted that timing is for Baby Backs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis