Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin on Weber Kettle with Slow 'N Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin on Weber Kettle with Slow 'N Sear

This weekend I'll be cooking this 10 lb pork loin on my 26" kettle with my Slow 'N Sear using the Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin Roast recipe. I'm thinking I'll cut it in half to make it easier to handle. It will barely fit on my kettle...it's really long. This is my first pork loin to ever cook, so if you've got any tips I'd be appreciative. I'll post more pics later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1727.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	92268

I injected mine using MH's recipe and then rubbed it the next day prior to the cook. It was only 2.6 lbs ( half the full loin ). I scored it and tied it. Tying it is important so it maintains good shape throughout the cook.

I think this loin had been foodsavered in the freezer for about 6 months.

Ran the cooker @ 325ish+ using a 2 x 3 fuse around the Vortex. Had a full pie tin of water inside the V under the pork. That's about 75 coals. Should come out awesome with the SnS.

You'll see the difference between the rubbed side and the not rubbed side. Experimentation - ya know!

--Ed

Name:	BNLS_Pork_Loin_111114.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	92272

Comment

Learned from others here. Dry brine, season how you want, Light smoke to 135° IT

This one is MMD

Comment

Yum yum, I have yet to venture into whole or stuffed loin. I love me the thick chops wet brined, cut from the same loin.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          I stuffed on a few weeks ago with a pineapple and brie. It was not a hit. I think your spot on with chops.
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 24, 2015, 01:08 PM.

Thanks everyone. You've given me a lot of options I'd not thought about. Much appreciated!

Comment

Cooked the pork loin earlier today...and it was outstanding. 10 lb, cut in half, dry brined with Morton's kosher salt for about 1-1/2 days, cornbread stuffing, cooked to ~135 IT, 1 hour and 40 minutes, gave 1/2 of it away and they now call me the bbq "King". lol. It was my first 325 grill temp using the Slow 'N Sear and it's a joy to cook with. Thanks abcbarbecue.com!! My 26" Weber kettle will now have a great life and my family and friends will have some delicious food.

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	92956

Name:	IMG_1820.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	92957

Name:	IMG_1791.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	92958

Name:	IMG_1819.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	92959

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I submitted a review on abcbarbecue.

Thank you fuzzydaddy for the review. That's a beautiful cook!

Comment

135 it? I have sure seen a lot of recipes suggesting 145-155. I am smoking one today on the yoder and plan to pull it at 135...i dry brined one day, rubbed with evoo and coated w memphis meat rub... pretty much what i do with ribs but i am going to spritz w apple juice (never spritz my ribs) and i may just glaze one of them for grins...

Comment

I made sure that the lowest IT I could find was 135. A few spots were 140. Used my Thermapen of course. I had read where Meathead pulled at 135 instead of 140 and with about 5 degrees carryover.

Comment

Mine cooked WAY faster than I expected at 225. Like in an hour they were at 135. SO i added a light glaze wrapped in foil (it now 145) and transferred to the FC for 1.5 hours.... will put them back on half hour prior and crisp up glaze.. (my version of kc sauce mixed w apricot glaze and heated... so it is thin)

temptation got the better of me so i snipped off a thing end and there was about half pink so I am hoping the thicker bits are still pink. it was juicy so should still be good.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually that seems about right to me, what I experience too. 135 is easy & quick to get to.

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmm...wonder why mine took 1 hour and 40 minutes. It was quite large - maybe 5" diameter and possibly a bit more.

Never spritzed... just happened to fast....but i was smoking bacon on the top shelf so it got some dews from heaven spritz...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here