Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good morning from the porcine heroes that sacrificed their lives for my son's birthday dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning from the porcine heroes that sacrificed their lives for my son's birthday dinner

Hi, Pitmasters!
    Attached Files

Looks like a great dinner coming up.

Comment

OMG. It’s great to see your still around. How are you doing?
      Oh and nice looking cook ya got going on. 😁

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Wouldn't it be cool if they made some kind of heat-resistant wifi camera that you could put inside your smoker so you could watch things cook?

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Neat idea Brianna. But I think it would need a slow motion feature.

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Why, Steve? I don't understand (but what's new?). LOL

Oh Yea, Go pellet grill, [Sorry sticker burners, char coalers, and gassers}
      BTW, You can sear in a pellet grill, I use grill grates. Thanks to Amazing Ribs.

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        The pellet grill has changed my life. One big reason is that the cleanup is like 5 minutes. Cleaning my charcoal smokers was so much work. But also, this is easier than the microwave and it makes me seem like a Pit Goddess. Love it! Am I a cheater? Ask those I feed! XO

Boom! That's gonna be good!!

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        New profile pic, Hank? Henrik

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, just got a hair cut and beard trim, so I took a selfie. Doesn't happen too often.

Lookin Por Favor, as Chico would say!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 3, 2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that and have not heard it before! LOL

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        What? Ya never watched Chico and th Man?
        Ahhh, mebbe yer not so old as me, which is likely a Good Thing lol...
        GirlpoweredBBQ

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohhhh. Yeah, that was 100 years ago. I'm not that young and I remember the show, but not well. :-)

My invite must still be in the mail, but dinner looks good

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a bit of a hike to California from where you are, but there's a spot open in my socially distant backyard! XO

Update: don't feel sorry for the pigs. They're vicious creatures who will eat your baby. Consider this pre-emptive self-defense.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, she tells th truth...

• Stuey1515
        Stuey1515 commented
        Editing a comment
        I found myself leaning towards the monitor trying to smell these haha
        Looks good, bet it tastes even better!!

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        So good to be among friends.

Most dangerous is a brood sow, with piglets. Keep yerself clear o' dat, or ya will be eaten, eventually.

As a boychile, I watched ol Dub Franklin, a friend of my Da, go into th pen with a brood sow, an he was carryin a ~5-6' length of 2x4, fer safety's sake, they said...wail, bein a young'un, I didn't quite wrap round what they meant, but, sure enuff, that ol sow charged Ben, after a point.

Now, Ben was a sizeable man, an he swung that 2x4 like John Henry could swing a hammer...I mean, Dayummmm!!!!

He landed a blow betwixt Sadie's ears that deflected her skull by perhaps a foot...woulda killed most of God's creatures, right where they stood.

Nope. Sadie merely ceased her charge, grunted quite vociferously, an stood her ground, protectin her young'uns...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 3, 2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
        Oakgrovebacon commented
        Editing a comment
        I can still remember my older brothers screams as a sow charged him, knocked him down and bit his hand. Fear added speed to his scramble over fence as she ripped his jeans down the back of one leg while trying to get away. Probably 44-45 years ago.

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
      Most dangerous is a brood sow, with piglets. Keep yerself clear o' dat, or ya will be eaten, eventually.

As a boychile, I watched ol Dub Franklin, a friend of my Da, go into th pen with a brood sow, an he was carryin a ~5-6' length of 2x4, fer safety's sake, they said...wail, bein a young'un, I didn't quite wrap round what they meant, but, sure enuff, that ol sow charged Ben, after a point.

Now, Ben was a sizeable man, an he swung that 2x4 like John Henry could swing a hammer...I mean, Dayummmm!!!!

He landed a blow betwixt Sadie's ears that deflected her skull by perhaps a foot...woulda killed most of God's creatures, right where they stood.

Nope. Sadie merely ceased her charge, grunted quite vociferously, an stood her ground, protectin her young'uns...
      What an insane story! See, let it be a cautionary tale--eat them before they eat you!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Jus life on a farm...

Still, th preemptive consumption of porcine critters seems a reasonable precaution, Sister, lol

One cain't be Too Careful, eh?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here