Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pork ribs

which do you prefer baby backs,st. louis or spare ribs?

I prefer St. Louis cut spares SWMBO prefers baby backs. So...Which do you think I cook? 🙄🤷‍♂️

Comment

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep same here and same answer I'm guessing.

BB's are a favorite here and I can load up the PBCjr with multiple racks easier. Smithfield Extra Meaty is what I run most of the time.

Comment

Spares that I cut down to St Louis.

Comment

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto. I use the leftover trimmings for making pork broth and dog food.
        Last edited by TripleB; September 29, 2020, 11:45 AM.

We like them all so we alternate.

Comment

We like the both so whatever looks good when I go to the store.

Comment

I prefer spares so I can trim them down to St Louis cut and have the tips and trimmings left for a snack. Plus they are usually cheaper per pound too. But it's been hard finding good spares lately so we've eaten a lot of BB's.

Comment

Spare ribs trimmed down to St Louis style for the same reasons as posted above

Comment

Full spares, trim the tips for cook’s privilege.

Comment

I’m very particular with my ribs. They must have meat on them....... That said, if cooked right, I like them equally.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ditto

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What the man said.

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How about Impossible Ribs? 😈

Spare me all the talk - just give me some, (any), ribs!

Comment

Buy spare Ribs, trim for St. Louis cut, use trimming for snacks.
                  Unless I get Baby Backs, or beef ribs, or country style pork ribs.

Comment

For spicier sauces I like spares, for sweeter I like babies.

Comment

I cook the full spares then trim. The tips seem to stay more moist that way.

Comment

I've been in the baby back or loin back rib camp for 20 years, but the last few cooks have swung back to full spares, cut down to Saint Louis cut myself, and think I like them better than the loin back ribs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here