Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Cinnamon Mac and Cheese and then Ribs braised in a Clamato Sauce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...Cinnamon Mac and Cheese and then Ribs braised in a Clamato Sauce!

From the Wall Street Journal: https://www.wsj.com/articles/chicano...s&page=1&pos=1

It's behind a paywall I'm sure, so sorry 'bout that. The gist is these ribs are sealed in foil packets with a braising liquid of beer, Clamato, and Worchestershire, then finished under the broiler with a hibiscus BBQ sauce glaze. Clamato?! For pork ribs?!

Against my better judgment, I just might try these. Seriously. ;«)
    Last edited by Willy; September 24, 2020, 09:53 AM.

Take one for the team!

Comment

As a Canadian, where the Bloody Caesar was created, ain't nothing wrong with Clamato juice! Having said that, remember if you boil ribs, the terrorists win.

Comment

Better you than me. Clamato tastes disgusting to me. Good luck.

Comment

Not a fan of drinking Clamato but cooking with Clamato is something I do.

I do not mind braised ribs if they are done correctly and as long as they are not being called BBQ ribs.

Alton made a braised rib on Good Eats. I've made it a few times and they are pretty tasty.

Comment

Hah! I thought this was another one of Panhead John 's recipes!

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            @Panhead Agreed Clamato is not for cooking, but in a Cesar its magic. Prefer a Cesar everyday over a Bloody Mary.
            We were in Kaufman for Christmas one year cleaned out the Piggy Wiggly of Clamato then Cleaned out Tyler's supply.
            All they had left was something called Beefamato???? Now that was vile.....

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            smokin fool Let me make sure I understand. Clamato is mmm good? But something called Beefamato is vile? 😂
            Last edited by Panhead John; September 24, 2020, 02:03 PM.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John You got it bro....
            Funny thing people's taste buds, its a thin line between love and hate where foods involved.

Okay I'll come clean. I have been known to boil my ribs and then stud them with jelly bellies served with pumpkin spice brussel sprouts

Comment

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm...Jelly Bellies...that sounds like an excellent edition to a pot of chili!

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            My God! ....Who are you people?!!!
            Last edited by Panhead John; September 24, 2020, 11:09 PM.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Wowsers!
            Glad I went to bed early...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 25, 2020, 07:37 AM. Reason: Stoopid auto complete on work iPad #$&*!

As for myself, I'll take a milk steak with the jelly bellies on the side.
          Last edited by 58limited; September 24, 2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I bet these will be good. Never cooked with Clamato and haven’t had it in a decade or so..... I think.

we will let this pass on the Commie thing in the name of science and "Pit Public Interest."

Any time I screw something up I turn it into a braise. It helps to have all kinds of stocks and liquids about.

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Great pro tip there—turn it into a braise. I will remember that. It will save me some day.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here