Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekday Ribs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekday Ribs!

A bonus of working from home: weekday ribs! Two slabs StL, MMD, Click image for larger version

Name:	DB406318-7E77-4917-AFF3-48321260D836.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	915280 26” kettle, SnS, KBB, pecan chunks, temps in mid 70s, dry, light breeze. Pairing with smoked Mac n cheese and a tall Daisy Cutter.

Had difficulty finding ribs and ended up with two slabs from our local grocery store. Have never bought their ribs before. They are two of the biggest racks I’ve cooked. Stay tuned...

Pics of coked ribs, next?

Comment

bbqLuv in about 5 hours...

I wish I could post the smell of the pecan smoke. My downwind neighbors are either going to love me or hate me!

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Pecan has become my favorite smoking wood, hands down. Your downwind neighbors should only hate you if you're not going to share!

Looking good! Post the results when you can!

Comment

Steve R. me, too. Apple was my go to for pork. Pecan is now for pork and chicken. It is fantastic.

Comment

Update...rolling along at 235-240 degrees (my kettle likes to run in that range). Another hour or so, I’d guess. Will wrap and keep warm in oven or cooler, crank up the temp and put the Mac n cheese on to smoke.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0707EBA9-0D89-4EA2-A244-FFA597550853.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	915440

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man. Those look really good. Perfect color. Keep the updates coming!

Looks great!

Love working from home. Another tip...If you get up early you can have ribs for lunch!

Comment

Wibs is Wibs! Wonderful weds fan!

Comment

Dang asleep at the switch and missed the dinner bell. Those ribs look grrrreat!

Comment

​ ​ Final results: Ribs were on point. Finished with Sweet Baby Ray’s. Mac n cheese was fine, not memorable. I mixed it early because I was cooking in between work projects. It got too dry. Good flavor, though.

Had baked beans as the second side.

Night capped off with a 6-1 Reds victory. Reds still holding on to a playoff spot.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here