Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough love for country style ribs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough love for country style ribs!

I know, I know, it's really not a rib but some sort of bastard chop thing. Still, who can resist all that meaty pork!

I'm not free to cook until Tuesday due to working right now, and tomorrow, and then I'm getting taken to dinner Sunday, and my next day off is, well, Tuesday. But here's how I do them:

I rub them, I grill them, then I put them all in a pot full of bbq sauce and simmer them until they are tender as all hell.

Pretty simple, and they always come out really good. Alternately, they do well as the meat in pork & sauerkraut, and pork & cabbage. Country style ribs for teh win!

I looooooooooove country style ribs. I dry brine, light coating of Memphis Dust, smoke with cherry until almost pull tender, put on some BBQ sauce, get 'em done.

Love them things!!!

Comment

• learning pellets
      learning pellets commented
      Editing a comment
      want to try these & have some questions
      -whats the internal temp for "almost pull tender"?
      -whats your cooker temp and approx average time?

Only tried them once, around here it is just a sliced pork butt.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Here too. I got my first look at Staph. aureus. with a set once. Can someone say, "FOMITE!!"

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      There awesome. John you need to get out more bro.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      We get then as the sliced butt, but also as the rib end, like a chop. In the plated photo, that's the rib end cut.

When searching for info, I found countrstyleribs.org, which, if you go and look around, is FANTASTIC. Site owner David Somerville is as fanatic about country style ribs as anyone here is about anything! A visit is highly recommended!
    Last edited by Mosca; June 19, 2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here