Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy Candy Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Candy Ribs

Did ribs yesterday for my buddy's birthday (the buddy that is a meat buyer type at Costco). He specifically asked for back ribs and Texas beans when I offered to cook for him, and who am I to argue?

A friend of mine had just made Cowboy Candy (pickled jalapeno) and had some leftover jelly after she was done canning. So, not only did I get a few jars, but I got two jars of jelly as well, which is an awesome blend of spice and sweet. So, I decided to glaze the ribs with the Cowboy Candy jelly at the end of the cook. I did one rack glazed and left the other two normal.

The basics of cooking the ribs was my Memphis Style Ribs

The Cowboy Candy ribs had a subtle jalapeno spice and were a bit sweeter than normal. I'll do it again, but will go even heavier with the glaze.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1555.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	911018
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1557.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	911021
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1568.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	911022
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1571.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	911023

I cooked Drunken Texas Beans with meat from some leftover ribs from last weekend. And grilled some asparagus.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1570.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	911020
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1560.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	911019
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1576.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	911025

My wife made cornbread, caesar salad, and some fresh strawberries.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1572.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	911024

I also made sure to wear my "Grilling Shirt" .... If you like Grunt Style shirts, that's where I got it.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1559.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	911017
    Last edited by ecowper; September 14, 2020, 08:25 AM.

Everything looks very good, but the ribs look super.

Comment

You nailed that. Those ribs look grrrrreat!!!

Comment

That is one special birthday treat. You are a good friend. Sublime Sir.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, my buddy is responsible for the ribs you buy at Costco, figured it was a good way to repay him :-)

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Always enjoy your food posts. When your recipe book comes out I'll be ordering.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          holehogg I've got most of the recipes pulled together. Now I need to write the in between stuff to connect it and tell a story

I love those Cowboy Candy jalapenos but had never considered using the jelly on ribs....so creative!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I enjoyed it. Going to do that again, for sure

• MTurney
          MTurney commented
          Editing a comment
          So on the pic with all three racks on the pit....those are the rack in the middle?

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          MTurney yes, the middle rack

Beeeautiful WIBS! The other stuff looked good to. 🕶

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          BEANS!!!!

OMG those ribs look amazing!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks!

Awesome looking ribs!!! Wonder if you could spritz using the cowboy candy liquid? It might have too much sugar though.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe, if you thinned it down some with water. Could be worth a try.

um... my birthday is in the first week of December...

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, by December it’s all briskets and rib roasts. You’d hate that ;-)

Nice cook! The ribs and beans look delicious!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks kjbarth worked really hard at it. How many times will you get to cook for a meat buyer from a really major food supplier?

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, I get to cook for one a lot, cause he is a friend and he hands me meat to cook. But other than that LOL

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here