Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this type of pork butt cut called ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics.

I remembered to throw the sausages on near the end. Someone posted about those Costco rotisserie chickens dripping on each other and basting. So it gave me the idea to put the sausages right over the pork, no idea if it had any effect whatsoever . . .

Attached Files
    Last edited by zzdocxx; September 17, 2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Here's the meat uncooked, you can see where they tok the bone out and it sort of unrolls there.
      Attached Files

Comment

I had the butcher cut up a boston butt into 4 steaks just like yours. Cooking one of the up tomorrow. Got any pointers? I was going to cook at 250F or so until 190F. Then wrap and put in cooler and rest for an hour or two. How did you cook yours?

Comment

• zzdocxx
          zzdocxx commented
          Editing a comment
          You would probably be better off asking someone who knows what they.are doing!

I just seasoned mine w salt pepper garlic powder rub. Smoker grill at 250-275 till internal temp 200+ ish.

Thing is the different parts were different temps. Like that tougher piece by the bone, it seemed.denser and.temp wasnt as.high. I finally pulled it off bc I didn't want it to.get dried out.

Cook it just like a whole butt. It will just be a shorter cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here