Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Salsiccia barbecue fatty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Salsiccia barbecue fatty

I love doing fatties, they can be done in so many ways and it doesn't take too long. I decided to put a new spin on it by using salsiccia instead of the usual ground beef. Ground salsiccia (the sausage minus the casing) has become available in stores where I live, and I love salsiccia (sage flavored pork sausage).

I kept the flavors simple, as there is good flavors in the salsiccia itself. I used pickled pepperonchini and (the equivalent of) a sharp, creamy cheddar. Wrapped it all in bacon, of course, and smoked it for 1.5 hours. Dang dang tasty! The rich fatty flavor from the salsiccia really shines here. Very tasty!!

Ingredients

800 grams salsiccia
    150 grams cheese
    10 pickled pepperonchini
    1 pkt bacon
    3 tbsp pork rub

Instructions
    • Split the salsiccia in half, and form two rectangular layers, about 3/8" thick.
    • Apply half the rub, chopped pepperonchini and cheese on one layer.
    • Place the other layer of salsiccia on top.
    • Roll it all up, and wrap in bacon.
    • Apply other half of the rub
    • Smoke with oak wood for 1.5 hours at 130° C / 265° F.
    • Let it rest 5 minutes, then dig in!

Ingredients for this cook

Click image for larger version  Name:	Salsiccia-fatty-ingredients.jpg Views:	0 Size:	828.1 KB ID:	902364

First layer down

Click image for larger version  Name:	Salsiccia-fatty-cheese.jpg Views:	0 Size:	911.1 KB ID:	902365

Getting the SnS up to temp, with oak wood chunks

Click image for larger version  Name:	Salsiccia-fatty-fire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	956.9 KB ID:	902367

Fatty wrapped in bacon and on the grill

Click image for larger version  Name:	Salsiccia-fatty-grill.jpg Views:	0 Size:	979.6 KB ID:	902366

Since there is a bit of heat in this fatty I served it with water melon with roasted, salted pumpkin seeds

Click image for larger version  Name:	Salsiccia-fatty.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	902368

Fancy a slice?
    Last edited by Henrik; August 28, 2020, 12:56 AM.

Wow.... From a country famous for meatballs you sure suprise me.. Some fine eatin and cooking right there... Nice workkñ..

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Craig, gottta keep inventing new things to cook on the grill!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to mention a World Champion Bikini Team!

Henrik Masterchef!
    great session there brother!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother!

Out of the park once again.
    Fantstic cook Sir.

Comment

That looks soooo good. I bet it disappeared in minutes after being placed on the table.

Kathryn

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      It might not make it to the table at my house!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, this was a big hit! Gonna make it soon again.

Me, me, me! I want a slice! Please...

Comment

Sounds really good I am going to try it, nice appetizer or slap that in some nice Italian bread lol. You guys every try this stuff, I put it on everything.
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks great, man!!! I'm going to try it this weekend with the fresh Hatch Chile I've got coming in this afternoon!

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, it’s easy to make, and you’re gonna love the flavors 👌!

Looks delicious. Like I said on YouTube, needs more 🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓😁!

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, and I’m gonna have to agree with you there 😄

Henrik, I'm afraid that due to your constant off-the-chart excellence in the cooking, smoking, and fabrication categories, we may have to report you to the Swedish Council for Lagom Enforcement.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no, anything but the Lagom dept, I can’t stand Lagom 😄 Thanks!!

Looks great!
        I'm going to look for salsiccia around here. My research shows it has fennel as the primary seasoning, I use this regularly in rubs and coatings.

Comment

I think salsiccia is just regular sweet italian sausage around here. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got from googling it.

Comment

Wowser! Looks delicious! Another thing to try!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here