Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork brisket rib tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork brisket rib tips?

One of the local grocery stores has this in the weekly ad. Any idea what this actually is? The picture looks like pulled pork and brisket burnt ends, so isn’t much help. The store isn’t my usual store, so I don’t want to make a trip just for this unless it’s something good.

Attached Files

Did a little Googling, looks like it’s just another name for regular rib tips. The brisket part was confusing me. I’ll give em a shot though, I’ve liked them the couple of times I’ve tried them.

Comment

The meat departments sure are getting creative these days. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

They’re not what I expected. I bought one pack because it was just $3. Going to smoke them next time I’m off of work just to see. At least they had country ribs on sale for the same price, so I picked up a few packs of those.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5793CE8F-9DD5-4357-8FE4-B863854D2084.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	902201

Comment

The pork brisket is basically the same cut of meat as is found in a beef brisket. The bottom half of the picnic ham and the boned bottom half of the full shoulder of the pig are considered the pork brisket. Created by removing the upper picnic ham from the shoulder of the hog, the pork brisket is what is left of the lower shoulder and the pectoral area of the hog, without the hock.

googled it, now I know. Picture looks like scrap and should go into scrapple.

Comment

They came out tough as hell, I smoked them about the same amount of time I do country ribs. So now they’re wrapped up in the oven, didn’t feel like adding more fuel to the smoker in case they’re no good afterwards.

Comment

They just came out OK. Still pretty tough after what essentially ended up being 3-2-1. Part of the problem is my fault, they’re over salted. I didn’t think about the percent of the weight being bone, and salted ahead with my usual. Could have used half as much salt I think. Anyway, they’re not terrible but I won’t buy them again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	04619FCE-6A1F-452A-85FD-EB17ED2BCD56.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	902527Click image for larger version

Name:	0EC4E548-7C3B-4764-BFAD-2D7E08D42E79.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	902528

Last edited by Killa J; August 28, 2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              Freeze em and toss em in the beans next time your cookin.... Gold...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here