Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Days and Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Days and Ribs

Cooked up a couple racks of back ribs while Stacy made some pasta salad. Lazy summer afternoon. Had a cigar and a couple glasses of wine while the ribs were cooking. Everybody dug in and enjoyed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3CA77D2E-921F-44BB-9D83-4D9A15A77DA8.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	900299

Name:	3AE20BFA-F6B8-45CE-80CC-2110D12CDF6E.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	900302

Name:	410A9F50-A901-489A-9B41-FA1EC1327ED6.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	900297

Name:	B265B79D-33DA-45DC-90A9-08E37670DFB5.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	900300

Name:	17C261D3-3E8E-4E75-A929-4851ED7C3E4F.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	900301

Name:	A9DBC1D4-0B22-4729-9E85-1EE120099CB1.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	900298

Also, look how rock solid a WSM 22 is .... once I had it set, I didn’t mess with the vents at all :-)

Name:	FEAA35CF-A68A-48D8-B55F-BD94D2F6D092.png
Views:	228
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	900303 ​​​​​​​

Nice cook
    Always have time for a good red
    Well done

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      It was nice .... sitting out back in the summer sun, a couple glasses of a nice red, a nice cigar, smelling the ribs cooking, dogs were lazy in the sun. Gotta find some good where we can considering all the crazy of the world right now.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife and I did much the same today, relax and de-stress in the pool. Best medicine in the world is to watch the world go by.
      ....with a nice red....not so much into cigars anymore....

Comment

🤬🍺😡🍸🍻🤔🥃🙂🍸😋🍾🥂😀😎🤪🥴

Comment

Dang, here I was having a relaxing day of homebrewing and kegging some finished beers and you done made me crave ribs. Luckily, I have a slab in the freezer which is now thawing. But, I have to drive into town for the cigar.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad I could help!

Here's mine. I just pulled them off the KBQ, they are resting now. Smoked a Drew Estate Maduro Java while cooking them, now smoking a cigar they had at the store - Undercrown, never heard of them but it is a good medium bodied maduro. Just googled it, it is made by Drew Estate who calls it "A high-end cigar for the working man."

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_3154.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	900881
        Last edited by 58limited; August 23, 2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          those ribs look great! and a couple nice cigars. Hard to argue with that.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          This turned out to be one of my best slabs of ribs yet. Seasoned with Salt Lick rub. When it started looking a little dry I started basting with a blend of butter, splash of lime juice, Salt Lick rub, and a splash of water. Turned out perfect with a great smoke ring. Only complaint is they are a tad bit salty, I used salted butter. Didn't have any unsalted on hand.

Looks great! I wish it would cool down here so I can get outside and cook some damn ribs!!!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, AZ has been really hot this summer

• Parkin
          Parkin commented
          Editing a comment
          Record hot and dry...we actually got out of bed the other night when it rained to go out and stand in it for a few minutes, and feel natural cool air! This too shall pass!!
          Last edited by Parkin; August 24, 2020, 11:22 AM.

Great idea. Guess I'll have to follow suit this weekend!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here