Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork belly skin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork belly skin question

Hello BBQ Neighbor,

Please see pictures and let me know if this is all fat on the pork belly or the skin. I feel like it is fat.

I plan on making pork belly burnt ends tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Looks like all fat to me. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

I agree with Jfrosty27...Looks like no skin on that belly...Here is a shot of belly with skin..hope it helps..
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep looks like some nice yummy pork fat to me!!

Comment

Thank you all! I called Costco and they said skin was on but, that was the front desk and I was trying to look at picture and looks different than the skin.

Comment

Agree, that's a skinless belly.

Comment

You would know if it was skin. The skin is tough.

Comment

Trim most of that fat off them slap rub on it and let er rip.

Comment

Looks like fat, from here...trim some, if ya want, then can render it down, for cookin oil

Comment

I confirm skin on or skin off when I buy pork belly. With skin on you may notice a nipple or two.
                    Looks like fat to me, no skin. Let us know who it turns out. Pork Belly Burnt End--you are in for a treat, I tell you.

Comment

That is the fat not skin...i am cooking 3 pork bellys this weekend....1 with skin on the masterbuilt gravity in a pan with celery/bell pepper/onion /carrott bed top this off with raw sugar,cut the skin side all the way thru about 1/2 inch intervals..add youre favorite dry rub,on the skin side add grape seed or olive oil and work rub into cuts...cook at 250 till internal is 160/170...remove from pan crank up grill to 450 cook till 200/205...coat with bbqsauce cook no more than 10 minutes at 200 cube up

on the skin removed belly coat in black pepper and kosher salt heavy....add drip pan with apple cider ..cooking on green egg..at 250 again at internal 160/170 remove drip pan...run temp up 350 pluscook till internal 200 205,,,slice it up after 1 hour rest..make great sandwiches,,,

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here