Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foehn Watts
    commented on 's reply
    Caint go wrong wrapping something in bacon. Sounds like a good way to keep it juicy.

• Foehn Watts
    commented on 's reply
    I agree IowaGirl. Pork butt is great on the grill/smoker, etc. I've done pic-nic pork shoulder too, and it comes out great (pic-nic here is skin-on pork shoulder roast, with part of the upper leg.)

The butt is hard to cremate; it stays juicy quite well with all the nice fat in it. Lately the pic-nics have been rather dry unless I get a giant one.

• Joetee
    commented on 's reply
    Haven't cut it yet. But a hunk stuck to the grill when removed... That I ate right away.
    Very good.

• Joetee
    commented on 's reply
    That is an empty flower pot in the back ground. LOL I did howevery have hot tea.

• Henrik
    replied
    You did good. As others have said, there are two solid options:
    1. Pork butt until 185 for slicing, or
    2. pork loin.

how did you like the sliced pork butt? Looks pretty darn good! When cooking it like that I think stuffing it with prunes takes it to another level.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on this

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Is that a cup of joe?

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    If it tastes half as good as they look, you’ll be fine!

• Joetee
    commented on 's reply
    Well it hit 180°. Maybe go to 185° for the one in slicing anyway. A little resistance in the middle with probe.
    Last edited by Joetee; August 15, 2020, 10:22 AM.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Almost Home!
    Thanks fer th update, been wantin to see how this works out fer ya...

• Joetee
    replied
    Pork butt.
    so far at 175° IT,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200815_114219.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	896579

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    IowaGirl - Of course you can do as you like for you and your family, but 125-130°F doesn't get you to the safe zone for pork. It needs to be 140-145°F, I believe.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Take us with you! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    Ok I'm gonna try smoking at 300° until IT is 180°. I'll see how this does.
    A friend told me today he does his pulled pork at 325- 350 and has good results and doesn't wrap it. So thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Poor JoeTee, now he’s thoroughly confused. 9 responses, 9 different answers........😂

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here