Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help! First ribs, temp questions (baby back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichieB
    replied
    1st get rid of your wife. We don't boil ribs! Next listen to what has been suggested.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Running at 225F cooker temp, expect the extra meaty loin back ribs to take about 5 hours, give or take.

If dinner is soon, up the temp of the cooker to 275F, or crutch the ribs by wrapping in foil tightly for an hour, then take back out of the foil to finish up and set the bark again (the foil will soften the bark).

Leave a comment:

• patcrail
    commented on 's reply
    shify thanks... ok, just really nervous cause even Meathead (elsewhere) says they’re "done" at 145 but "ready" over 200, and this meat is nowhere close to that!

• shify
    replied
    Ignore temp. Check to see if it’s probe tender. If you can stick your probe or a toothpick in and out with no resistance, it’s done.

Leave a comment:

• patcrail
    started a topic Need help! First ribs, temp questions (baby back)

Need help! First ribs, temp questions (baby back)

Help! I’ve never done pork ribs, and am trying Meathead’s Last Meal ribs with a rack of fairly meaty baby backs. It’s been 3 hours, and they only probe about 145-150, depending on where I probe. Meathead says don’t go by temp, BUT they are already starting to crack with the bend test... I absolutely don’t want them to come out tough, or my wife will want to boil them from here out!
    need advice: do baby backs get done at 150, or should I ignore the bend test and go for longer & higher temp?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here