Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When dreams come true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When dreams come true

I’ll keep this post short and simple, but did this experience ever make me happy! Spent the last week in the bush at my father’s place (we rented a cottage two places down). No wifi, no network. Spent my childhood there, and all my teenage summers . The guy we rented from had a custom made open fire pit and I was "cleared" to use it.

Bottom line: 10 lbs "top butt roast" (as they called it up here). In my area and language (French) we call this "cochon sur braise". Essentially pork on hardwood. Started my pit at 5:30 a.m. Long story short: folks freaked on it! My very first "open fire" cook. Mopped with Meathead’s version of Lexington Mop. That is NOT how the prepare it up here!!

Just some pics (order might be screwed up a bit):
    Attached Files

Very nice!

Comment

You’re having lots of fun! What was the verdict of the dinner guests?

Comment

Looks hot n hard work shoveling the coals. Glad you had some refreshments on hand. Excellent cook. Thanks for sharing

Comment

That’s what I call " haven’t a great time " !!!!
          Good on you

Comment

Petite cochon de Lait

Comment

Yowzer!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

If I ever get out your way I’m down with this cook. Heck yeah. 👊👊👊

Comment

Wow, way to impress! That HAD to taste great.

Comment

‘‘Tis a dream all right, yes sir, a dream! Can just picture the rest! 👍

Comment

Living the dream.
                        Great cook accomplished Sir.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun. Great job and thanks for sharing your pics.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here