Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boneless butt twine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boneless butt twine

good morning pitmaster club,

i got a great looking boneless pork butt from a great butcher in my area. i didn't notice that it was tied together with twine to keep it uniform.

my gut tells me it's fine to smoke with the twine on, but why not throw it out to thousands of my closest online friends.

is it ok to smoke pork butt with butcher twine on?

I do it all the time. I just tied 3 beef roasts in several directions for the PBC and none burned off.

Comment

Leave th twine on, it’ll most likely cook more evenly that way, ime...
      (That’s why they tied it, to begin with lol

Have a Superb cookin experience, make Great Foods, an always, please, bear in mind that,

Round these parts, th Code is: No Pics? Never happened.

There are certain conditional exceptions, situationally dependent, and determined on a case by case basis, LOL!

Comment

I do have a suggestion though - don't go in a store and ask for butt twine...

Comment

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          I just don't want to see what boney butt twine looks like.

• wu7y
          wu7y commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankfully, even though I'm 76, so far I haven't needed twine. Probably only a matter of time.

• zzdocxx
          zzdocxx commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah butt twine, I thought we were going to bw discussing Brasilian bikinis.

I use twine but do remove the rubberized elastic netting you sometimes see. I then tie it up with twine.

Comment

Pulling the twine off sometimes pulls some of the bark, but that's not a big deal. I like using food grade silicone bands on a PB that looks like it might not hold together throughout the cook.

Kathryn

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I use these as meat flavored floss!

• zzdocxx
            zzdocxx commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty fancy.

left it on and it was a hit. thanks for the advice everyone!

side note if i had to do it over again id make my club screen name BoneyButtTwine!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yer Username can always be changed lol; jus ask a Moderator, if'n that's whatcha want...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here