Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib Tips?

Anyone have a creative idea/recipe for the rib tips? Aside from cooking them up and eating along side the ribs.

Working on a compromise. My wife prefers baby backs because they don't have the cartilage. I prefer the spares cut St. Louis style because the spares are cheaper......and honestly taste better.

Braise those rib tips in your Dutch Oven... they are Awesome!
    Four Simple Rules for Braising Anything
    http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitch...ising-anything

Comment

Braise like smarkley has suggested then you can crisp them up on the grill after the braise. Reduce the braising liquid to a thick BBQ sauce consistency and eat em up like ........BBQed riblets.
      Just be careful if you plan to reduce the braising to not add too much salt in the beginning.

Comment

Wash em down with a white Russian perhaps? LOL

Comment

Cajun taso - (Thanks CandySueQ ) dry brine in fridge for a day or two with creole seasoning (I use Tony's) and then smoke them. Adds great flavor to soups, stews, etc. They are also great in stir fry.

Here's a link to a recent discussion on rib tips, I had the same question

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...s-for-rib-tipsCajun taso - ( thanks

Comment

• TheBigLebowski
            TheBigLebowski commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh... I had a stir fry method in that thread... forgot about that! LOL

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here