Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pork sirloin roast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pork sirloin roast?

So this is on sale ($1.69/lb and 9lb average/roast - is that good?) and i am contemplating getting it. but once i get it, what do i do with it?

DeusDingo If I were you, I would read Meathead's article on other pork cuts... you can easily see what to do with that chunk of meat....

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/pork_chops_and_country_ribs.html

Comment

See here: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...in-roast-again

Comment

so either cut it in chops or treat it like a loin is what i am gathering from you guys. i am not familiar with this in pork so i was unsure of the connective tissue it might have.

Comment

Wet brine and smoke low and slow until IT is 130, then sear over direct heat to 140 IT. I like it with MMD and KC Classic sauce, or S&G rub with SC mustard sauce. Key is to not over cook, anything much past 150 will start getting dry, my personal taste is to pull off the sear at 135 and let carry over take it to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by DeusDingo View Post
            so either cut it in chops or treat it like a loin is what i am gathering from you guys. i am not familiar with this in pork so i was unsure of the connective tissue it might have.

In a nutshell, yes. It doesn't really have any connective tissue and is very lean, so if you cook it too long or at too high of a temperature it will begin to get dry and tough. I take mine to 145F whether it's a roast or chops.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here