Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 x First Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 x First Time

Picking up my usual goodies from the store I did not find any pork butts today but there was this (see pic below). If they've had it before I hadn't noticed. My friendly butcher was not anywhere to be seen nor was anyone else in the area where the butchering is done and the door was closed. It's usually abuzz with activity. "Rona?"

​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200720_184715.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	883698

Name:	20200720_184702.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	883699

and the other x 2 was some Goat Meat from a different store that I picked up on Saturday. I grilled them over the coals along with my 500 G wagyu. They were great and honestly I don't think I would know the difference between goat and lamb.

Name:	20200718_154627.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	883700

​​​

The neck roasts I've done off wild pigs have always been good, but I've never seen one in the store. That's a good find!

I've only had goat as cabrito..... but it's delicious.

Comment

They were great and honestly I don't think I would know the difference between goat and lamb.

Lambs are kind of cute looking.

Goats are just down right scary looking.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, sheep will nervously run away, a goat will stick it's horns up your arse!

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the heads up you ole goat's ☺
        ComfortablyNumb
        Last edited by holehogg; July 20, 2020, 11:39 AM. Reason: Changed to goat's to incude Mr. Numb.

• wu7y
        wu7y commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I was nuts. You guys are good!

This place is Amazing, ya learn somethin everyday! Sheep, goats, who woulda thunk.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here