Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Should I Reheat Baby Backs On a Weber 22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Should I Reheat Baby Backs On a Weber 22?

What the best way to reheat baby backs on a Weber 22? First time for me. I cooked them fully in the oven @ 225, rubbed but not sauced. They're in the fridge now wrapped in foil. I'd like to reheat and sauce them on the grill. Left to my own devices, I'd put them initially unwrapped bones-down briefly over the SnS, then move them to indirect to be sauced. My goal is to get a least a touch of flavor from the grill. But if there are any cautions or better ideas, I'm all ears! Thanks.

Next time cook them on the grill not in the oven lol!
    But for your situation i would probably warm them up indirect and throw a couple wood chunks on, good luck!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on that.........

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      +2

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur.

Maybe add a splash of apple juice or apple cider vinegar, rewrap, heat indirect until warm and then expose to smoke n fire.

Comment

Bingo, and many thanks! And marshall, agree with "cook them on the grill." My first time with baby backs, wanted to take temp control out of the mix. Next time I'll go all the way!!

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Ummmm.... temp control is one thing Weber kettles are known for. The temp on my kettle is more stable than my electric oven, especially for a 4-5 hour rib cook.

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        If you've got a leave in remote thermometer, you may want to stick it in your oven next time you cook in it. That should disabuse you of the notion that an oven gives better temp control than does a kettle. :-)

I’d put them in a 375f oven for 7 minutes or so to bring the temp up then 225f indirect on the grill for thirty minutes. Sauce when they go on the grill. No wrap at any point. Apple juice etc. will just dilute the bark and won’t keep them moist.
      Last edited by mgaretz; July 19, 2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

The gift that keeps on giving! Thanks for the additional comments--all duly noted! I'll practice temp control on the Weber and hopefully avoid the oven thingy in the future. The oven result was disappointing, actually, so I'm doubly motivated!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here