Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork chops with rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork chops with rice

Jfrosty27

Ingredients
    Pork chops - your choice, in this case I went with 8 of the thin cutlet style, but 4 bone-in would work
    2 chorizo links, sliced into coins
    1 to 1-1/4 cups rice, uncooked
    1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
    1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
    1 small yellow onion, diced
    Taco seasoning - you could use a store package, or what have you. I buy about a half pound from Penzeys and used 2 Tbsp
    1 can Campbell's chicken with rice condensed soup
    Two soup cans of water

Preheat oven to 425 F. Season your chops on each side with some salt and pepper and brown them on each side in a pan. No need to cook all the way through. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish and lay the chops on top. Cover dish with foil and bake for one hour, removing foil half way through. Serve.

Since I did this on my pellet grill, I started without foil to try and get a little smoke in. I covered with foil 30 minutes in, and after 30 more minutes I pulled the foil. I still wanted a bit more liquid gone, so I gave it another 15 minutes.

As I said, this was adapted from a recipe my mom has made forever.
    Sub chicken pieces for the pork
    Sub cream of mushroom for chicken and rice
    Sub Lipton dry onion soup for taco seasoning
    Drop the chorizo, onion, and peppers
    Everything else is the same.
    ​​​​​​​

Thanks JCGrill! Looks really easy. Can't wait to try it.

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Really easy, which is one reason I like to make it.

Thanks for the recipe JCGrill . It sounds Delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here