Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butt halved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork butt halved

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200717_165643.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	882139Click image for larger version

Name:	20200717_170256.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	882140Click image for larger version

Name:	20200716_215035.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	882141 Got this farm fresh beauty cut in half dry brining for an early cook tomorrow, just gona throw her on the kettle with sns and some cowboy lump charcoal..... look at the color!

You will get more bark, but be aware that since both pieces are as thick as the whole before you cut it the cook imes will be essentially same as it would be if you cooked it whole. Thickness of meat determines cook time.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 ^

What you cooking on? That is a fine hunk o pork!

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Think im gona set the weber 22 kettle up with sns, cause i dont really want to fire up my wsm22 for just 1 butt, rubbed with mmd, cooking over hickory and oak lump

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I use as well. Hmmmm, pork butt is sounding good.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here