Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to cut butt in half?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to cut butt in half?

Can anyone tell me how to go about cutting an 11 lb. Pork butt in half ,to smoke for pulled pork. Should i just cut right down the middle working around the bone, ? Then tie with twine in a uniform shape....thanks for any tips!

I cut near the bone end and clean out that big membrane. It's more 40-60 but it works. The muscle around the bone takes a little longer to get tender anyways.

Comment

I use a knife.

Ok. sorry, cut so the bone is in one half. 11 lbs? From Costco? They usually don't have a bone and they are a two pack. If not. Yes I tie them up. Show us the meat!

Comment

"I use a knife. " lol! HawkerXP
        Not costco,local butcher.....so you leave bone in one half, the other boneless? ​ ​
        Last edited by marshall; July 16, 2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not HawkerXP , but, yes. That's what you do.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I am HawkerXP , and yes that is also what I do. More bark!

Right down the crack...

Comment

My thought is with a knife.
          Would be much easier than using your hand. 😳😁

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here