Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Brining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Brining

Could pork be dry brined before freezing??

Yes ... but label it accordingly so you don't brine it again later.

Comment

• Jared49
      Jared49 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

+1 MBMorgan! something I like to do is also write on it how many days before its expiration I froze it. That helps me know how long it can stay in the fridge thawed before it needs smoked. Of course that applies to any meat not just pork, and maybe it's just me being OCD

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      but did you calculate the hours and minutes left?

• Jared49
      Jared49 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point, thanks.

I just recently did this for the first time.

Thought I’d try that whole cook it from frozen thing. I’ve got a pork butt that I dry brined and put the rub on, then ended up freezing when I didn’t get to cook it the following day. Decided that I’d do that for Independence Day Q. Got the WSM fired up and running about 250F, pulled the pork butt from the freezer and

Comment

• Jared49
      Jared49 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing that, I did check it out and read it through.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here